WHO GETS OBSTETRIC FISTULA?

Obstructed labor can happen to any woman at any time. Approximately 60% of women are young, many having been married too young, before their bodies have had a chance to develop. However, 40% are older and may have had many children before they have an obstructed labor which causes this devastating injury.  

Picture courtesy of Terrewode, Uganda

Picture courtesy of Terrewode, Uganda

Photo kind courtesy of Lucy Baxter, Mandrake films.   This young woman suffered with an obstetric fistula, until she received a simple surgery and was cured.

Photo kind courtesy of Lucy Baxter, Mandrake films.

This young woman suffered with an obstetric fistula, until she received a simple surgery and was cured.

Pictures courtesy of Lucy Baxter, Mandrake Films and Al Jazeera.   Here she is after discovering her surgery was successful and she is dry!!

Pictures courtesy of Lucy Baxter, Mandrake Films and Al Jazeera.

Here she is after discovering her surgery was successful and she is dry!!